Dr. Elizabeth Fox: Plastic Surgery Trends
Plastic surgery is becoming more common place and Elizabeth Fox, M.D. of Naples FL has seen an increase in certain requests in recent years. The doctor provides consultations to many clients who are vibrant and active, but feel as though their appearance does not match their level of vitality. Most patients want their looks to keep up with the way that they feel.
With more people staying in the workplace well into their 60s, “looking your age” is no longer an option. In order to maintain a professional appearance, many patients seek out cosmetic surgery. Skilled in all aspects of plastic surgery, Dr. Elizabeth Fox offers a variety of surgical and non-invasive procedures. Provided below are just a few of the latest trends that she is seeing in the plastic surgery practice:
- Injectable treatments and fillers for wrinkles – The most widely used wrinkle reducer is an injectable called Botox. Botox is utilized for frown lines, crow’s feet on the corners of the eyes, and to raise the eyebrows, neck bands, and lip lines. In 2010, over 2.4 million patients received an injectable wrinkle treatment, according to the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. These numbers are continually on the rise as new brands flood the market, making it an affordable and comparatively simple way to reduce the signs of aging.
- Nonsurgical facelifts – Lasers like the Sciton Laser are able to reduce the signs of aging as well as improving fine lines and pigmentation spots.
- Topical wrinkle options – People are starting to realize that department stores and high end clothing stores offering skin care may not have strong enough ingredients to cause a change in one’s skin appearance. People are trending to go to plastic surgery offices to get products that consistently show improvements in skin care.
- Lip Enhancement/Augmentation – Lip enhancement is essential when one is rejuvenating the face. Many patients are interested in lip augmentation as they get older just to replace the fullness that they have lost over the years. They are not interested in lips that are overly done like some of the stars, but they are interested in having lip appearance within normal limits. In addition, it is extraordinarily important to improve a downturned corner of the mouth.
- Breast enhancement – Another popular procedure is breast enhancement utilizing silicone or saline implants. Breast augmentation has three extraordinarily important goals: correct size, correct shape, and excellent cleavage. Cleavage is attained by preserving the lateral or side portion of the chest muscle, thus preventing the slow decent of the implant to the side. Whatever the reason, Dr. Fox Plastic Surgery specializes in cleavage enhancement procedures to improve the confidence of her patients.
Dr. Fox Plastic Surgery: Options for Men
Perhaps the largest trend Dr. Elizabeth Fox has noticed is the increase in the number of men who now seek cosmetic surgery procedures. Although women still account for over 90 percent of the surgical and non-surgical procedures, over 750,000 men sought some form of plastic surgery in 2010. This is a direct response to the youthful way a growing amount of men feel well into their 60s and 70s. It is important for these men to avoid looking “old” and they accomplish this through physical fitness, health maintenance and cosmetic options. Here are some of today’s most common procedures for men:
- Wrinkle reduction – The most common sign of aging is the appearance of wrinkles. This is just as troublesome to men as it is to women. Whether they ask for a facelift, seek laser treatments or want to start an injectable routine, men are actively seeking out ways to reduce wrinkles.
- Laser hair removal – This is a popular procedure for men of all ages, with an increasing number in their 20s and 30s. Some of the most common spots laser hair removal is used include backs, chests and legs.
- Chest fat reduction – As men age, an increase in hormones can lead to unwanted chest fat. Simple liposuction can reduce the fat in this area and make a huge difference for men
- Hair replacement surgery – Hair loss is a huge concern for many men. Some men start losing their hair as early as their 20s and want to avoid the look of premature aging. This procedure works best for men that still have a healthy amount of hair growth on the sides and back of their heads.
Dr. Elizabeth Fox of Naples FL sees both men and women who want to improve their appearance with cosmetic surgery. Clients come to Dr. Elizabeth Fox in order to reduce the signs of aging, enhance natural assets and make positive changes in the way they look. She gives each client the personal attention needed for customized cosmetic results. Dr. Elizabeth Fox is at the forefront of the latest trends in cosmetic surgery.
Awesome design, congrats on the new site!!